Stray Dogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» NEW RP FORUM, LEADERS ARE THERE
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 7:43 pm by Red

» Just A Nobody
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 2:46 pm by Snowbee

» Snowbee Profile
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 2:33 pm by Snowbee

» Shadow Pack
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 2:04 pm by Snowbee

» __Single__
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 1:25 pm by Snowbee

» New Forum!
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 10:38 am by atlas

» Random thoughts about the future.
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am by Aleera

» Can we ship it?
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 3:54 pm by atlas

» __crushes__
Kiba's Suggestions/Problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 3:13 pm by VintageRose

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Kiba's Suggestions/Problems

2 posters

Go down

Kiba's Suggestions/Problems Empty Kiba's Suggestions/Problems

Post by Kiba Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Okay, so I didn't want to post in the suggestion thread Red had posted kindly. The reason why is because what I am writing is very large and I prefer it be in a thread of my own. Which comes to the first problem.

Organization

This forum is EXTREMELY disorganized and sadly a bit poorly run I must say. Red and Opal are great admins, but they are lacking in experience when it comes to forums. It hurts me to say that, but it's true. Now how can you make this forum far more organized?

With categories.. Categories are the tabs that carry all the forums you created.

Kiba's Suggestions/Problems 2hriwyp

That is a category, what follows are all the forums you made under it. Inside those forums are topics, which you have created for your members. Now I get Red, that you had a lot of fun on that forum and it seemed simple and easy and ect. Okay and I get you saying you aren't going to revamp the forum until you get more members, well honestly I suggest you start doing it now. The reason why is because guests view this forum all the time, especially when we start advertising more. Guests are going to come here, see that it is simple, disorganized, and everything is all slapped together and just has a awful structure. Guest don't want to see there admins being 'lazy' or just making everything all smushed together, so they won't register leading to the growth of this forum decreasing. You need to fix this!

First off start creating more of those categories, the first category on your page is ALWAYS for announcements and rules and hey some people even do activity checks which i will explain letter. Now let's move on.

Now okay, so in the profiles you have it going really good until you get into the tornado of it all. If you have characters you mate it in ONE neat topic like well I did because I ma used to that. Not a seperate topic for each character. Also people don't really appreciate the whole approving characters, I mean seriously who wants to wait around for a person to approve their characters postponing the fact that they can't roleplay without characters. Also it's not liked when someone posts in their forum, even if it's a admin. So if you want to keep doing that I would rather send them a PM than posting in their forum. Also have members post all their characters in one topic that THEY created. Like I did 0w0

Now moving on. The rping part. Also with applications I suggest making a category named character related where you have one topic called accept characters and a topic that says unaccepted, you will move people's thread to accept when they are accepted. Okay so rping should have it's own category calling well roleplay. In that roleplay category you will have FORUMS for areas, not topics. People can post their own forum in let's say alley way, so you don't get mass disorganization. It's NOT fun and though you may think it is, it's not. Now also with the mates and crushes I personally think you should get rid of the single and crush things and only have a topic in character related called mates/pups because that's the only thing you need to keep track of. Okay now to the part which bothers me the most. Packs, and loners. Okay first off ANYONE should be able to post their pack in that topic, not just you guys. Not only that if you want to do packs you created they must be detailed and not just an image of a forest saying "Ya, this pack is nice and tranquil and they live in forest." if view my now shut down thread for douglas fir pack I put a LOT of detail about the pack.

Now with the how to join and birthdays, NOT NEEDED, so you can throw those in the trash. They have a option that shows who's birthday it is and I am pretty sure people should know how to join. Also Opal, the whole fun games topic, if people want to post games they will post games in a seperate topic so games don't get mashed together XD

Now for this.

Rules

Your rules are extremely.. well bad. You have like maybe one or two maybe even three rules. That is not enough, and that shows huge amount of laziness and well a bad forum. Okay so I can help you with rules, because I am good with what rules need to be applied and which ones can be tossed.

The Chatbox

I suggest getting chatbox mods, chatbox mods will help keep spammers out of the way and inappropriate subjects out of the way.

Staff

Face it, you need more staff. This includes mods, and helpers. Mods will approve characters for you, help keep the site safe, and helpers will help new players. This is important.

Animal Choice

Okay I see you prefer stray dogs, okay okay I have done forums like this such as dog days. I suggest having an exception of wolves because it will attract more people.

So far this is all the suggestions I got for you, please use them.
Kiba
Kiba

Back to top Go down

Kiba's Suggestions/Problems Empty Re: Kiba's Suggestions/Problems

Post by Kiba Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Oh yes also add WORD LIMITS, because everyone hates one liners and people who barely give the other something to work with. I suggest upping the world limit to 150 words.
Kiba
Kiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:47 am

Kiba I understand what you are saying about the structure of the forum and the organization of the forum. However I don't think that it helps when users are posting random signup threads for separate roleplay that have noting to do with the overall roleplay experience on this forum. Before you start judging and offering advice for other to follow maybe you should look the disfunction and confusion you created by putting up a sign up thread for a canine high school, another pack.

Now I understand if you have gotten permission from either Opal or Red. But my suggestion would be to take down the two random sign ups and leave the theme of the roleplay as is. While I agree the forum needs some revamping, it is nothing major.
Echo
Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:05 am

Echo, we are not talking about that. I accidentally forgot that in the pack I created I forgot to change the wolf to stray dogs and edit a few things. It is a pack I created on a wolf rpg site. There rules are very poor, and every site I go on they ALLOW you to create pack of your own. Now I used to be on a stray dog rp site, they didn't mind if you brought in dogs that are actually owned because 1. It allows more variety and appeals to others who arent into strays
and 2. and it adds two different worlds, that hey might even collide and hey it might be fun.

I do not see the dysfunction I have created, in fact have you seen the pack rp's they made -sorry- but it has one sentence saying ya tranquil calm pack and they live in the forest. AT LEAST I put a lot of hard work and detail into my pack. I wasn't judging them, for goodness sake I wasn't even really talking about the packs, you say I am creating dysfunction but hell you have no idea the dysfunction they have created with how they set up this forum. Some may think it's fine or neat, and I'm not asking it to be perfect! Even the most basic of forums are better than what they are running here, because they at least have some sort of structure.

- Sorry if I am being offensive, I am very pissed off right now, running on 2 hours of sleep, haven't had my coffee, and am stressed out, than to add what you said is just a nice little fiery hell I am going through. -
Kiba
Kiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:54 am

I'm not in the mood to argue with anyone, all I was stating was the fact that unless you have asked for permission to post such threads than they shouldn't be posted. I'm in no way trying to be rude or disrespectful. If it was you would you like someone coming in and posting random things without asking. That's all I'm saying.
Echo
Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:56 am

Echo, I agree I don't want to fight. Now when it comes to random things it depends, what I did was not random. I put it in the right forum, and also if you go over the 3 rules we have, it says nothing about not being able to post your own topics Smile Honestly as long as it's in the right area than it's fine. Unless it is announcements or rules which is strictly for admins.
Kiba
Kiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:59 am

Okay I see what your saying but even if it doesn't state it in the rules, you should have asked for permission instead of assuming it was an okay thing to do. Just because something isn't stated doesn't mean you should do it.
Echo
Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiba Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Echo, literally every forum besides like one I have gone to says "You may create a pack, but please provide a detailed description about the pack" and if they do have some restriction usually they have a forum where you post your pack and the admin/mod is supposed to accept it and move it into accepted packs.
Kiba
Kiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum